Setting up your Device for the First Time
1. Ensure your iPad is running iOS 11 or later.
2. Download LobbyConnect 3.0 from the app store.
3. When you launch the app, you'll see a 6-digit pin code.
4. Open App.teem.com and navigate to Manage > Locations > Add device.
5. Input the required information including the 6-digit code, the device name, and device location.
6. Click Save.
7. The app on your device will automatically update to show the launch screen.
9. Click Launch and you're all set!
Enabling Guided Access Mode
Guided access mode allows you to lock down your LobbyConnect device so that it cannot be used by unauthorized individuals. We recommend you use this feature or use a tool that allows you to protect the device from misuse.
1. On your iPad, navigate to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access.
2. Enable Guided Access and Accessibility Shortcut to ON.
3. If you're using iOS 12.1.1 or later, you'll also need to toggle the Mirror Display Auto-Lock to ON.
5. Next, set and document the Passcode.
Launching Guided Access Mode
1. Open and Launch the LobbyConnect app.
2. Once you're on the guest Welcome Screen, press the Home Button on the device three times. This will launch the app into Guided Access Mode Setup.
3. Pressing Resume or Start will begin Guided Access Mode.
Exiting Guided Access Mode
1. Press the device Home Button three times.
2. It will ask for the passcode. Once passcode is verified, tap End to exit Guided Access Mode.
3. You can now exit the LobbyConnect app.
Additional information about Guided Access can be found on Apple's website.
Note: In the unlikely event that LobbyConnect crashes while in Guided Access Mode, the app will reboot itself after a 60 second waiting period.
Other Device Settings
Here at Teem, we have found certain device settings allow for a smoother experience when using LobbyConnect. While settings should be selected based upon individual needs, the following can be a helpful baseline.
Disable "Ask to Join Networks"
Navigate to Setting > Wifi > Ask to Join Networks. This will prevent having your iPad disconnect from the network used by your badge printer.
Navigate to Settings > Bluetooth and toggle to OFF. Bluetooth is not used by the app. You can conserve the battery by turning it off.