This article explains how the Teem space hierarchy works and provides recommendations for the EventBoard room display settings that are controlled in the admin dashboard. Settings controlled from the displays can be found in the iPad and Android-specific articles.
When we use the term "space hierarchy," we’re referring to the space structure for your entire organization. You can set default settings for your Organization (the top of the hierarchy) as well as override those default settings at any lower level of the hierarchy (Campus, Building, Floor, Room, and Device). Overrides give you the ability to make an exception to any of the default settings you’ve made for your organization and have that exception apply to all levels below in the space hierarchy.
Think of the space hierarchy like a river, with default Organizational settings being upstream and Devices settings downstream. If you choose to override a setting it will take effect at the selected level and only trickle down to any level below it.
Example: If you set an override to change a theme for a Building, that change will trickle down to all floors, rooms, and devices in that building.
Learn more about space hierarchy and override settings behaviors.
Teem has a number of options and settings you can manage, below are some of our suggestions. We suggest setting your EventBoard organization settings first, then applying overrides further down the hierarchy as you see fit.
Below we've outlined each setting and our recommendations for them. You are free to set up your organization however you'd like, these are simply what we've seen work well for a lot of our customers.
To access the EventBoard-Room Display setting, select Manage > Apps & Integration > EventBoard.
Room Display Theme
Click here to learn how theme works across multiple displays
Display Theme - Recommendation: Any theme that includes "Refresh" in the name (these are the latest and greatest designs)
- The selected theme will be the theme for your room displays. We offer our Refresh themes in both portrait and landscape format.
Booking from EventBoard Room Display
These options are options related to booking features from the display.
Allow Reservations - Recommendation: On
- For the most flexibility, we recommend turning this on as a default setting for your organization.
- This controls the ability to make room reservations from our tools including the EventBoard app, the Teem mobile app, and the Employee Tools at app.teem.com. Where you apply this setting will control where you are allowed to create an event.
- To allow employees to book a room from the display, but not from our mobile or web booking tools, this feature must be turned off everywhere except for in device overrides. In conjunction with the Immediate Reservations Only setting (below) this allows you to create ad-hoc only huddle style spaces.
- To prevent employees from booking at the device, but enabling them to book via the web and mobile booking tools, turn this setting on at any level of your hierarchy above devices, but off at the device.
Allow Overbooking - Recommendation: Off
- This will allow users to override existing events and schedule new events over them from the display. As this would create a double booking, we’d suggest you leave it off.
Immediate Reservations Only - Recommendation: Off
- When toggled to yes, reservations made from the EventBoard display will only be able to be booked with an immediate start time. While the user will be able to adjust the length of the meeting, they will not be able to adjust the start time.
Require Event Checkin - Recommendation: On
- It requires users to check into an event prior to using the room. If check-in does not occur, the room is removed from the event, freeing up the room for others to re-book.
- Once enabled, check-in data will be incorporated into your Insights.
Recommendation: Checkin Start - 5
- Time in minutes before an event starts that check-in countdown will be displayed. This will not interfere with a meeting in progress.
Recommendation: Checkin End - 10
- Time in minutes after an event starts that check-in countdown will be displayed. Once this expires, the meeting will be removed from the room’s calendar and the room will be freed up for others to book.
Show Future Events - Recommendation: On
- EventBoard always shows the current day's events, this setting allows the display of events a few days into the future as well.
Show Tentative Events - Recommendation: Off
- Toggling this to yes will show events that have not been accepted by the room resource calendar or user account. If toggled to no, it will only show events that have been accepted by the room resource calendar.
Allow Future Bookings - Recommendation: On
- If turned on, bookings will be allowed for 2 weeks into the future. If turned off, bookings from the display can only be made for the current day.
Restrict Booking Length - Recommendation: Off
- If toggled to yes, reservations made from the device will be limited to the specified length. When toggled to no, a user can book any meeting length up to 24 hours. We only recommend turning this on if you have a problem with staff who routinely book a room longer than needed at your workplace. This is also useful if you are using our Immediate Reservations Only feature.
Allow Book Other Spaces - Recommendation: On
- Allow users to change the room they are booking in the Quick Reserve function on the device. This makes it easy to find and book an available space if the one you walked up to isn’t available.
Allow End Events Early - Recommendation: On
- This will allow for an event to be ended prior to their scheduled end-time. If the event includes multiple meeting rooms, only the room where the event was ended early using EventBoard will end; other rooms part of the event will not end unless ended locally.
Allow Canceling Events - Recommendation: Off
- This will allow upcoming events to be canceled directly from the device. We find that the check-in feature does a great job of clearing the meetings that should be cleared.
Zombie Meetings ®
Delete Recurring Zombie Meetings ® - Recommendation: On
- If you have recurring meetings that are not being utilized this is a great way to clear them from your calendar. This feature relies on 'Require Event Checkin' being enabled for that space. When this setting is turned on, meeting organizers (or any of their attendees) must check into their recurring events; if an event is not checked into for the specified number of consecutive occurrences, the room will be removed from the event and freed up for others to book.
- A warning email will be sent to the meeting organizer one meeting before the Failed Check-in Threshold is hit notifying them that the room will be removed from their event if they miss their next check-in. Once the 'Failed Check In' threshold is met, the Event Organizer will be notified that the room has been removed from all future instances of the event.
Recommendation: Failed Check-In Threshold - 3
- The number of consecutive events to miss 'Check-In' before Event is removed from the Room's calendar.
Event Privacy - Recommendation: Toggle all to On
- These settings allow the Event Title, Description, and Attendees to be shown on the device.
3rd Party Integrations
Enable LED Enclosures - Recommendation: Only Customers utilizing LED enclosures need to modify this setting.
- These frequency requirements can be found in each enclosure's documentation or on the manufacturer's website and should be set for your specific LED enclosure.
- If you have TSS Touch Screens by Crestron with LED enclosures, you can also customize the colors of the LEDs. See this article for more.
Work Requests - Recommendation: On
- There is a lot to learn about Work Requests, so we have created a whole article to cover this. To learn more click here.
Keep your Display Devices from being fully lit all day, every day by scheduling device hours. We recommend tablets with LCD screens (such as iPads and the Samsung Tab A) because they do not typically experience burn-in.
Awake Brightness - Recommendation: 70%
Asleep Brightness - Recommendation: 0%
Device Brightness Hours - Recommendation: Business hours for your organization.
- Adding schedules for your devices allows you to conserve energy and lengthen the life of the device screens. Outside of the defined Brightness Hours, the devices will automatically enter power-save-mode and dim to the Asleep Brightness setting. If you need to see the display, a tap to the screen will brighten the device again for a short period of time.
Show Warning Indicators - Recommendation: On
- This setting shows an on-screen indicator for a low battery or no Wifi.
Task Lock Mode - Recommendation: On
- Android Users: You will be required to enter a PIN before you can exit the EventBoard app.
- Apple Users: We recommend using guided access mode, steps to enable this can be found here.