Using visitor types allows you to set the fields and contract that each visitor type is required to fill out at check-in. That data can then be used to inform business decisions by exporting visitor logs and utilizing Visitor Insights. Examples of visitor types are Business, Interview, Family, Delivery, etc.
To use visitor types, be mindful of the following requirements:
- Permissions. Make sure your Teem user has admin-level permissions so you can access the admin tools.
- Available LobbyConnect license. If you have questions, reach out to your account executive. You can see your account's licenses on your company overview in app.teem.com
- Location Hierarchy. Your company's account should have its location structure built out to match your organization’s physical space.
- Download the LobbyConnect app. Make sure the app is installed and running on your iPad.
Creating Visitor Types
1. Navigate to the admin dashboard.
2. From the menu on the left side of the page, select Manage > Visitors > Types > + VISIT TYPE.
3. The New Visit Type view will appear. Fill in the form for your new visitor type. Below are descriptions of each field:
- Name - Give the visitor type a name, such as "Delivery" or "Guest." Guests will select the reason for their visit from this list when they check-in.
- Fields - These are default fields that a guest will be asked to fill out on the initial registration screen. You can set them up to be shown or required.
- Custom Text Fields - In addition to default fields, you can add a custom text field to ask for additional information. Select + ADD CUSTOM FIELD and provide a label for the field. You can add up to 5 custom text fields. Note: The more fields you add, the longer the guest check-in experience will be.
- Contract - Select a contract you’d like your guests to sign when checking in. If you leave the selection to the defaulted None option, no contracts will be shown.
- Choose Badge Style - Select the style of visitor badge for this visitor type. If you leave the defaulted None option, no badge will be printed.
4. Select SAVE CHANGES when you're done.
5. Repeat the process to set up all the visitor types that you would like to use when guests visit your office. If you have multiple lobbies, you can specify what visitor types are shown in each lobby using Device Overrides. See below for more details.
Enabling Visitor Types
Once Visitor Types have been created, it will not automatically show on your device, unless it is enabled as an active visitor type under your global LobbyConnect settings.
1. Navigate to LobbyConnect settings. Manage >> Apps and Integrations >> LobbyConnect.
2. Scroll down to the Visitor Type section. You will see a list of all visitor types.
3. Use the toggle to enable this visitor type. When you launch the app, it will now show as an option for your guests.
Visitor Types by Location
Visitor types can either follow your account's global settings or can be over-ridden at the lobby or device level.
For example, your company has several global visitor types. You want these visitor types to display at all lobbies at your campus. However, for security reasons, all Interview Candidates need to check in at a particular lobby. You can change the settings for that specific location to include Interview Candidate to your list of visitor types.
To enable visitor types, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Locations section of the admin dashboard.
2. Select the location (campus, building, floor, room) where you want to enable Visitor Types.
3. From the selected space, click on EDIT OVERRIDES then VISITOR & RECEPTION DISPLAYS from the slide-out menu.
4. Scroll down to Visitor Types and toggle the desired visitor types on/off.
5. Select SAVE CHANGES to confirm your settings.