The digital signage display type/hardware a person may interact with will vary but the usage is narrowed down to two experiences:
If the display being used is touch-enabled, just like your smartphone, you can pinch/zoom the screen to manipulate the map. You may also see additional options to filter the map view:
- Search (icon) - look for rooms, desks, or people. Select this icon to expose additional search options.
- People - see the location of a person on a floor
- Room - see meeting rooms and their availability
- Desk - see open work desks
If the building you are in has multiple floors, you can also change floor views without going to a different floor to use Finder. Just select the floor name to change floor views.
People allow people to view where employees are located within a given floor.
Rooms allow people to view the location and availability of meetings rooms, interview rooms, etc.
Desks allow people to view the location and availability of hot desks.
Finder map and list views provide color-coding to indicate the status of a room or desk.
- Green spaces are available to reserve
- Yellow spaces are unavailable, but will soon be available (list view only)
- Red spaces are unavailable (list view only)
- Gray-hatch spaces are unavailable to reserve at the moment or do not have a calendar
- Empty/uncolored rooms are unlicensed
List provides a visual representation of floor space using a flight board format. List is the default view if the map view is not used. The display will show a scrolling list of rooms and their booking status. With this view you can:
- See the status of meeting rooms
- See the name of meeting rooms
- See the event/meeting name for a booked room
If touch is enabled for the Finder device using the list view, you can also scroll through the list. You will not be able to search through other floors, persons, rooms, or desks using the list view.